H5p is the new default for creating rich interactive content on your website. It’s an open source and allows you to create, share and reuse the interactive HTML5 content. H5p provides a range of content types to be used for various needs. Today, I am going to share the top 10 most useful H5P libraries which can be used in your Moodle course to create awesome interactive content.
H5p support Moodle, Drupal and WordPress CMS/LMS as on date. You can download the H5P Moodle plugin from here and the setup instructions are mentioned here. The Moodle plugin is installed as an activity and integrates tightly with the Moodle gradebook. In the latest update to the H5P Moodle plugin, backup and Restore functionality was also added including many content type improvements.
Top 10 H5P content types for Moodle teachers:
At present there are about 29 content types supported by H5P which can be used in your Moodle course. For this article, I will focus on the top 10 most useful out of the total and how they can be used to engage learners. Today, we will see the first 5 and in the next article we will see the remaining content types. So, here we go:
- Arithmetic Quiz – Adds simple arithmetic quiz consisting of multiple choice questions. This content type generates simple arithmetic quizzes (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) in a flash . As a teacher, you have to decide the type and length of the quiz and the users keep track of score and time spent when solving the quiz.
- Course Presentation – This content type allows the teachers to add different interactive questions to their presentations right within their browser. Typical use case may be to introduce the learners about any subject in the first few slides followed by testing their knowledge through different question types like multiple choice, fill in the blanks & texts. This type of activities reinforce the learning as the student progresses through the presentation.
- Dialog Cards – Awesome tool for language learning courses. The teachers can use the dialog cards as a drill to help learners memorize words, expressions or sentences.
- Find the Hotspot – Challenge your users to find out the correct image answer for the text question. Find the Hotspot content type allow the learners to click on a part of image and check if that was the correct response as per the task description.
- Guess the answer – Let your students guess the answer based on the picture in question. This content type allows authors to upload an image and add a suitable description. The students will guess the answer and click the button below to check the correct answer.
I hope you like all these content types and in the next article I am going to share the rest 5 H5P content types which you can in your Moodle course to create rich interactive content. Do you love any other H5P content type and add it to this list? Do share with us in the comments section below.