The highly anticipated version 3.3 of the world’s most popular learning management system is now available for download.
Here are some of the features we’re most excited about:
- The OAuth 2 Authentication plugin is integrated so you can use your Facebook, Google or Microsoft IDs to identify yourself.
- An upgrade to the uploaded document converter for the assignment module which converts to PDF format, making it easier for teachers to annotate assignments.
- A “stealth” mode to link activities without displaying them on the course page.
- The possibility to connect to the Inspire Project
- Better support for Unicode multibyte characters (Asian languages, emoji ..) in MySql
- Several improvements for the assignment activity:
- Ability to create a reminder for the grading.
- Define and enforce the file type for the submissions
- Collapse / expand the comments on the assignments for a better UX.
- The activity completion management system is improved with batch update of the completion settings.
- Tags are extended to glossary entries, publications on forums, and chapters of books.
- Extending drag-and-drop to media files on course page.
- Stealth mode for activities facilitates the management of orphan sections.
For all connected users:
- Customizable dashboard (funded by Moodle User’s Association).
- Improved integration of files and documents from the Google G Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Using the Font Awesome Icons Library and Emoji
Check out our complete coverage:
- New Features for Everyone
- New for Teachers
- New for Students
- New for Admins
- Individual Features (with video):
- Official Moodle 3.3 Poster
- Complete Moodle 3.3 release notes
- Here’s that download link again for Moodle 3.3.