Stuart Mealor announced yesterday that Moodle Partner HRDNZ will be publishing an Introduction To Moodle Development course as a part of their MoodleBites online series of courses.
This decision is a new part of their Moodlebites for Developers initiative. Their first course in this series was successful and attracted a broad range of skill levels, revealing the need for a more introductory level course for complete newbies. The outline of the course is currently online and HRDNZ is seeking feedback on the content. Please have a look and give your feedback in the Moodle.org forum posting.
The currently proposed content for the eight week course will include things like:
- Customizing a Moodle Theme
- How to use your browser console to debug and develop
- Creating a new theme or building a new block by simply renaming your current/existing ones
- Understanding how files work in the block folder
- Building a block: templates, settings, SQL usage
- Working with Atto and building an Atto plugin
For those of you who are interested in this course, space is limited. Head on over to the registration page here.