We’ve featured quite of bit of Gareth Barnard’s work here on MoodleNews. And, for good reason, Gareth is not only a rock star developer, he also has that rare knack of being able to explain some of the most technical issues to anyone.
Today’s post features Gareth’s presentation from the most recent iMoot earlier this month about how to customize a Moodle theme for beginners. The presentation covers:
- Theme designer mode, Debugging and URL Swapping Theme designer mode
- Browser development tools
- Block border radius change
- Changing a layout to have no blocks
- Identifying and using your own icons
- Page background colour & semi-transparent content area
- Block heading background colour setting
- Resources to find more help
The presentation comes with two visual aids – a slideshare and youtube video, check out both below:
Have you customized a theme for your learning environment? Let us know about it in the comments below!