Quick background, I have worked for StraighterLine since February 2010 and we’ve served ~4500 students. We’re looking to the future and have some exciting plans which necessitate building our in-office LMS management/development capacity. If you or anyone you know live in Baltimore (or interested in relocating since it happens to be an AMAZING city) and fit the description please apply or forward this along to them.
Moodle Course Developer/Designer
StraighterLine, an innovative provider of online college courses for credit, is seeking Moodle course designers to help build our course catalog and transition us to Moodle from another LMS. The ideal candidate will have experience using Moodle and quickly creating course content based on templates and existing resources.
- One or more years working with Moodle in a course support, course creation role
- Basic HTML skills
- Working knowledge of Moodle resources and activities
- Solid understanding of the Moodle test bank/quiz question categories utility
- Experience working with course cartridges a plus.
- Understanding of the Meta courses principle
- Understanding of Learning Tools Interoperability
Scope of Work
- Assist the Course Director with a transition of course materials from an existing LMS to Moodle, including the importing of all resources, test banks, links, files, etc.
- Work to improve course access accessibility, aesthetics and usability
Qualified candidates may work remotely/telecommute. Pay is contract based. Please email your resume with the subject “Moodle Course Designers” to firstname.lastname@example.org.